Tennessee Light & Power
Walking Tour Prepared By Kevin & Lisa Ragland
With History By: Yolanda Reid & Linda Dean
Hen House Building circa 1900, two and a half story brick painted to simulate two separate buildings, first story extensively remodeled, six bays of plain arched windows are featured on the second floor which are small, circular windows under a decorative brick cornice.
The sign for Tennessee Light & Power is on the front of the building located on the square near the corner of 6th and Main Street in Springfield. Frank Trimble started Tennessee Light & Power in 1921. It was the last private electric utility to surrender all its facilities to public acquisition by the Tennessee Valley Authority.