top of page
The Albion Building
By Yolanda Reid, Robertson County Historian
Albion Building - It was built about 1898 by Dr. A. A. McClanahan and contained his dentist office and a hotel operated by his in-laws, the Whites. The house which had stood on the site was moved to the rear of the lot and Dr. and Mrs. McClanahan lived there until purchasing a home on Oak Street. Later Mr. and Mrs. Jim Orman operated a boarding house in the building. A two story brick, excepting minor alterations for the first story and absence of original two story veranda, the building retains many original features, second story has seven window bays capped by flat decorative metal hoods, crenelated parapet is accented with three circular windows and corbeling.
bottom of page